The National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to announce the new schedule for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) next week. Though nothing has been confirmed, speculations are rife that the exam conducting body, along with the schedule, will also announce the online registration process, which usually, commences 60 days ahead of the entrance test. As per the reports, a final decision will be taken after the new Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan’s meeting with the concerned authorities.
Latest five updates regarding NEET-UG Exam 2021:
- Stakeholders Being Consulted: The National Testing Agency has recently said that it is still in consultation with the concerned stakeholders to decide on a suitable date for holding of NEET (UG) – 2021, in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic”. “As of now, we are consulting all the stakeholders involved, including the National Medical Commission. We understand that there is a lot of anxiety and concern among students as the registrations for the examinations are yet to begin but we need to strike a balance between the safety of candidates and academic calendars of medical colleges”, the New Indian Express quoted the official as saying.
2. Matter to be discussed with Pradhan: If reports are to be believed, the matter will also be discussed with the newly inducted education and health ministers, Dharmendra Pradhan and Mansukh Mandwiya in the upcoming days, after which students can expect the final NEET 2021 exam dates.
3. Exams most likely in September: Reports have claimed that the earlier decided date of August 1 for the medical entrance examinations will be changed and the crucial exams are likely to be postponed till September 2021. Those appearing for the exam are advised to keep an eye on the official site- neet.ac.in for the latest updates. Last year as well, the NEET (UG) – 2020, in view of the hardships faced by the parents and the students due to the COVID-19 epidemic, was postponed and conducted in September.
4. Students demanding postponement till October: Meanwhile, the chorus for deferment of examination grew louder with medical aspirants urging the NTA and the education minister to defer the entrance test till October.
5. The fake circular went viral on social media: Earlier on July 6, a fake notice claiming that the NEET exams will begin from September 5 went viral on social media. Later the NTA issued a clarification saying that all medical aspirants are advised that as of now the NTA has not released any notification or announced NEET 2021 Exam Dates. The NTA advised aspirants to be patient and only refer to the NTA website for information about NEET 2021 exam.